Jesus walks on water….
By Eduardo Estrada
Category: Religion and Philosophy Jesus was already in the Spirit, that’s what made him walk on water… Meaning he was fully empowered, placed into the Holy Spirit, enabling Him to perform Miracles, Signs, and Wonders… First Jesus was not only baptized with water, but with the Spirit at the same time…
Luke 3:21 Amplified Bible reads…
21. Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been baptized, and [while He was still] praying, the [visible] heaven was opened
22. And the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came from heaven, saying, You are My Son, My Beloved! In You I am well pleased and find delightSkip down to Luke 4:1 Amplified Bible reads (this verse tells you how Jesus operated)
1. Then JESUS, FULL OF, AND CONTROLLED, by the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led in[BY] the [HOLY] Spirit
2. For (during) forty days in the wilderness (desert), where He was tempted (tried, tested exceedingly) by the devil. And He ate nothing during those days, and when they were completed, He was hungry. If you continue to read further down, Chapter 4 of Luke verse 13
13. And when the devil had ended every [the complete cycle of] temptation, he [temporarily] left Him [that is, stood off from Him] until another more opportune and favorable time… Now listen to this verse…
14. Then Jesus went back FULL OF, and UNDER THE POWER OF THE [HOLY] SPIRIT into Galilee, and the fame of Him spread through the whole region round about.
15. And He Himself conducted [a course of] teaching in their synagogues, being recognized and honored and praised by all,
16. So He came to Nazareth, [that Nazareth] where He had been brought up, and He entered the synagogue, as was His custom on the Sabbath day, And He stood up to read.
17. And there was handed to Him [the roll of] the book of the prophet Isaiah. He opened (unrolled) the book and found the place where it was written, [Isaiah 61:1-2
18. The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon Me, because He has anointed Me [the Anointed One, the Messiah] to preach the good news (the Gospel) to the poor; He has sent Me to announce release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth as delivered those who are oppressed [who are downtrodden, bruised, crushed, and broken down by calamity],
19. To proclaim the accepted and acceptable year of the Lord [the day when salvation and the free favors of God profusely abound.
Now… sister let me get started I hope you save this…. and print it out this will be a sermon…Jesus had fed 5 Thousand, just before walking on the lake, or Sea of Galilee, If Jesus was, as he claimed to be, God incarnate, the miracle presents no difficulties. God had promised that when the true Shepherd came, the desert would become rich pasture where the sheep would be gathered and fed see Ezekiel 34:23-31,
23. And I will raise up over them one Shepherd and He shall feed them,…..Jesus is the Shepherd who provides for all our needs so that we lack nothing see Ps 23:1 The LORD is my Shpherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.
Now I bounce around when I preach so….
Ending in verse 30-31 reading in the AMPLIFIED BIBLE, Ezek 34:30 then shall they know [positively] that I, the Lord their God, am with them and that they, the house of Israel, are my people, says the Lord God,
31. And that you, my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, are [only] men and I am your God, says the Lord God. Now Jesus had sent his disciples to the lake because he was getting ready to go pray, on 3 occasions in the gospel of Mark 1:35 where he prayed and very early in the morning, before he preached, and healed the man with leprosy, and the paralytic…. Jesus prayed in Mark 14:32-36, and my NIV study Bible says he withdrew to pray each time a crisis is involved…
Now Mark 6:47 AMPLIFIED BIBLE reads…
47. Now when evening had come, the boat was out in the middle of the lake, and He was by Himself on the land.
48. And having seen that they were troubled and tormented in [their] rowing, for the wind was against them, about the fourth watch of the night [between 3:00-6:00 a.m.] He came to them, walking [directly] on the sea. And He acted as if He meant to pass by them;
NOW… walking on the lake is a special display of the majestic presence and power of the transcendent Lord who rules over the sea… why? Psalm 89:9 AMPLIFIED BIBLE
9. You rule the raging of the sea; when its waves arise, You still them,
Isaiah 51:10 AMPLIFIED BIBLE
10. Was it not You Who dried up the Red Sea, the waters of the great deep, who made the depths of the sea a way for the redeemed to pass over? [Why then are we left so long in captivity?]
Isaiah 51:15 AMPLIFIED BIBLE
15. For I am the Lord your God, Who stirs up the sea so that it’s waves roar and Who by rebuke restrains it-the Lord of hosts is His name.
Jeremiah 31:35 AMPLIFIED BIBLE
35. Thus says the Lord, Who gives the sun for a light by day and the fixed order of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, who stirs up the sea’s roaring billows or still the waves when they roar-the Lord of hosts is His nameOK… ARE YOU FOLLOWING???49. But when they saw Him walking on the sea they thought it was a ghost, and raised a [deep, throaty] shriek of terror… meaning they got spooked…
50. For they all saw Him and were agitated (troubled and filled with fear and dread). But Immediately He talked with them and said, Take Heart! I AM! Stop being alarmed and afraid.
Exodus 3:14 AMPLIFIED BIBLE says…
14. And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM, and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE; and He said, You shall say this to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you!BACK TO MARK 6:51
51. And He went up into his boat with them, and the wind ceased (sank to rest as if exhausted by its own beating). And they were astonished exceedingly [beyond measure],
Zondervan’s NIV Study Bible comments; a ghost was a popular Jewish superstition held that the appearance of spirits during the night brought disaster. The disciples’ terror was prompted by what they may have thought was the water spirit… Verse 51 mentions the word AMAZED Now for this very reason we as human beings do not have sufficient capacity, knowledge, wisdom, to understand or know God WE CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE… Now if the very apostles that had physically seen with their own eyes JESUS THE CHRIST, MESSIAH, THE ANOINTED ONE, THE LORD OF HOSTS, THE RULER OF THE SEAS, THE GREAT I AM perform miracles, signs, wonders, If they understood the feeding of the 5,000, they would not have been amazed at Jesus’ walking on the water or his calming the waves.MARK 6:52 CLEARLY READS IN THE AMPLIFIED BIBLE
52. For they failed to consider or understand [the teaching and meaning of the miracle of] the loaves; [in fact] their hearts had grown callous [had become dull and had lost the power of understanding].Zondervan’s NIV Study Bible comments; a ghost was a popular Jewish superstition held that the appearance of spirits during the night brought disaster. The disciples’ terror was prompted by what they may have thought was the water spirit… Verse 51 mentions the word AMAZED This is why man cannot understand Jesus’ walking on water…
Not even scholars that have spent their lives reading man written worldly theory, or philosophy…..One of my personal favorite scriptures in the BibleMATTHEW 11:26 AMPLIFIED BIBLE the very words spoken out of Jesus’ lips say….
25. At that time Jesus began to say, I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth [and I acknowledge openly and joyfully to your honor], that you a have hidden these things from the wise and clever and learned, and revealed them to babies [to the childish, untaught, and unskilled].
26. Yes, Father, [I praise you that] such was your gracious will and good pleasure.
27. All things have been entrusted and delivered to me by My Father; and no one fully knows and accurately understands the Son except the Father, and no one fully knows and accurately understands the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son deliberately wills to make Him known.
28. Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]
29. Take My yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.
30. For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good-not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and my burden is light and easy to be borne. In relation to verse 25 where it mentions … You have hidden these things from the wise and clever and learned… it connects with
PHILIPPIANS 4:12 ZONDERVAN’S NIV STUDY BIBLE says…
12. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. (Key phrase is)… I have learned the SECRET of being content in and every situation; whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
PHILIPPIANS 4:13 AMPLIFIED BIBLE
13. I have strength for all things in Christ who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency]THAT’S HOW JESUS WALKED ON WATER….
people???The Holy Spirit speaks what the Holy Spirit hears; he who has an ear let him hear….The Holy Spirit guides, counsels, leads, direct, and reveals….
AMEN…AMEN… AND AMEN…